Existing users, log in.  New users, create a free account.  Lost password?

MacFixIt Logo

Contact Us | About MacFixIt | Who's Online  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#339339 - 03/28/06 09:40 AM FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats
DataRecoveryGuru Offline
MacJournalist

#339340 - 06/15/06 08:50 PM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: DataRecoveryGuru]
brucechristy Offline
New User

I recently deleted some backed up videoTS folders (with all thier corresponding .vob files etc.) and then downloaded FileSalvage. It completed its scan and has many file type showing, but nothing like the videoTS folders etc.

Does this application do only file types? Why not folders full of files like the above mentioned scenario.

It took 3 hours to scan my 600GB drive, and I don't see my files which I deleted minutes before... any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

#339341 - 06/16/06 09:35 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: brucechristy]
DataRecoveryGuru Offline
MacJournalist

Folders are not found by the scan as the folder is nothing more then a reference in the file catalog. At this time VOB files are not currently one of the supported recovery formats. I will pass the information along to the developers and ask it be added in a future version. Sorry we couldn't help.

#339342 - 08/14/06 04:07 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: DataRecoveryGuru]
jdfletcher Offline

What about Filemaker formats other than 5 and 7? Does it recover fp7 files created by Filemaker 8 and 8.5, for instance? Also, how does your product tell whether a file is complete or if there are multiple fragments needing assembly?

#339343 - 11/04/06 05:46 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: DataRecoveryGuru]
dblakey Offline

I also recently deleted some VOB files and purchased FileSalvage thinking that it could recover them as it had recovered some other movie formats.

Do you have ETA on when these file formats will be supported, as at the moment this purchase was a waste of money.

Thanks
David

#339344 - 11/07/06 11:44 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: dblakey]
DataRecoveryGuru Offline
MacJournalist

At this time FileSalvage doesn't support VOB files. There are a couple reasons for this. First VOB files are very large most of the time (several gigabytes in size). Because of their large size they are almost always fragmented on the drive meaning only the first fragment of the file is recoverable. Second VOB files also require .IFO and .BPU files to work. In my testing I have found that no other data recovery applications (Data Rescue II, etc) currently recover VOB files either. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#339345 - 12/21/06 01:03 PM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: DataRecoveryGuru]
Blackxacto Offline

You need to support the ability to recover .eps files. We use so many in graphic design. We sometimes do not have the original files we exported out of. John Robinson.

#339346 - 12/22/06 07:40 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: Blackxacto]
DataRecoveryGuru Offline
MacJournalist

I'll send the request along to the developers. I would guess that it hasn't been added at this point because it doesn't contain a defined header but we'll see. Thanks for the input.

#339347 - 12/22/06 07:53 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: DataRecoveryGuru]
Blackxacto Offline

Ben, as I have your attention, while the application is recovering, the progress window covers up what I need to see it has found. I may want to stop the recovery if I see Tiff files have been recovered, not needing to recover further file types. So I would suggest get the progress window OFF the interface as far as possible.

Further, what if I only wanted pdf files recovered? Tiff? etc. It would be nice to designate what type of file to recover. The file type headers are too vague. I don't want all documents, just pdf's maybe.

Thanks for your time and attention. John Robinson

#339348 - 12/22/06 09:41 AM Re: FileSalvage Supported Recoverable File Formats [Re: Blackxacto]
DataRecoveryGuru Offline
MacJournalist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

VersionTracker: Software Updates and Downloads | iPhone Atlas: iPhone Help, News, Tutorials, and Tips